Sometimes nothing will do to satisfying a craving than to eat something sweet.
So, if you can make it a little healthier (most of the time) that’s a good thing for your overall health.
Chocolate can be a tempting treat, if you have a sweet tooth, but a short while ago I asked what your favorite sweet fix was in place of chocolate.
Healthy Sweet Snacks
Here are some of the great suggestions I received from those of you who commented on my Facebook page:
- Anju — raisins.
- Menekse — a pink Lady apple, or a mango.
- Taleen — mixed berries.
- Dorrit — dates, or figs.
- Jake — dark chocolate… or, raisins, grapes, an orange, apple, strawberries, blackberries, a banana drizzled with a little local honey, fresh pineapple, or a pear.
- Waseem — I have hot chocolate made with milk.
- Eppie — natural yogurt with honey or chai.
- Naomi — fruit, or a yogurt.
- Cathy — luxury fresh fruit.
- Jaswinder — Lindt 90% cocoa dark chocolate.
Here are a few of my own suggestions…
- Take a pealed banana, roll in some lemon juice and a little desiccated coconut, and freeze for at least an hour. Tastes like ice-cream!
- Peel an apple, and place in a bowel with a small amount of water. Steam in the microwave for a few minutes, and sprinkle with cinnamon to eat.
- Three squares of dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa) and a few dried apricots eaten together.
- Chocolatey fruit drops — finely chop a handful of dried fruits, such as dates, apricots, and raisins, mix with some rolled oats, a little cocoa, and a small amount of orange juice to bind, then roll in some coconut to finish.
Free: The Truth About Fat
Find it difficult to get and stay slim?
Click below and I'll send you this free presentation where you'll learn the 3 lies you've been told that wreck havoc on your fat loss efforts...