Dear Diet Rebel-ers, I’m very excited to share this recipe with you today.
It’s one of my favorite discoveries of recent days. And, if you love peanut butter, you’ll adore these little beauties!
They are the perfect combination of healthy ingredients, too, with nut butter for protein, coconut oil for healthy fats, cocoa powder giving a little dose of antioxidants, and finally a smidgen of sweetness from honey.
They begin with a 3-ingredient base – coconut oil, honey and peanut butter, which you simply melt in a saucepan.
Then, pour into silicone muffin cases and pop into the freezer to set.
Next up, the 3-ingredient chocolate topping — all you need here is coconut oil, honey and cocoa powder.
In fact, this is the exact recipe I use to make a block of homemade chocolate. If you like, you could make a double batch of chocolate, then pour the rest into a parchment-lined flat tin (I use a loaf tin, which works great).
Pour a little homemade chocolate on top of each peanut butter base.
Again, just pop them into the freezer to set, and your delicious treats are done. Easy!
These are totally creamy, smooth and insanely satisfying. I’m sure you get my drift… here’s the recipe! 🙂
4-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cups
Makes: about 10 Prep time: 10 min Freeze time: ~1 hr Serving: 1 PB cup
Peanut butter base
4 tbsp smooth peanut butter
2 tbsp honey
4 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil (measured when solid)
2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil (measured when solid)
2 tbsp honey
1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- Put all of the ingredients for the peanut butter layer into a saucepan and melt over a moderate-low heat. Mix well.
- Place silicone muffin cases onto a baking sheet and pour the peanut butter mixture into each. I usually get about 10 cups from this mixture.
- Place the baking sheet directly into the freezer to firm up ~ about 20 minutes.
- For the chocolate layer, put the oil and honey into a saucepan over a low heat and gently melt. Remove from the heat, then add the cocoa powder and stir until there are no lumps and it thickens slightly.
- Pour a little chocolate onto each of the peanut butter layers and pop back into the freezer to set.
NOTE: I like to store my peanut butter cups in the freezer and eat them straight from there, too.
P.S. please share this recipe with your friends and family on Facebook, Twitter and Google+, too. Thank you so much!