Do you feel, as I do, that health and fitness are often made to seem too complex?
It’s something that really irks me!
I’m sure I’ve said it here before, but it’s as if people refuse to be content with the simple message of healthy eating. To some, fad diets are the only way… which unfortunately isn’t helped by mainstream media.
If you read lots of health blogs and magazines, you’ll be well aware of the confusing mix of advice, it’s enough to put your head in a spin.
One crowd will tell you not to eat carbs. Another will tell you raw is the only way.
Yet another group will say eggs, butter and sausages should be the mainstay of your diet.
Then they’ll say running is good for you. Oh wait… no, it’s bad for your knees!
Actually, weight lifting is the best way to get into shape.
And, don’t even start me on the exact proportions of your pre and post workout meals!
On and on it goes…
One things for sure, all this confusion certainly doesn’t inspire me to change my habits. In fact, it’s more likely to make me give up at the first whiff of uncertainty.
The good news is however, fitness doesn’t have to be a big complex deal.
Here are 2 simple rules, to make your life easier, healthier, and more stress free than ever:
#1 Eat a moderate amount of whole foods most of the time.
#2 Move your body regularly.
Isn’t that simple?
I think that’s pretty inspiring, if I do say so myself!
Surely this helps you to see getting healthier isn’t completely, utterly and totally out of your reach?
I certainly believe if we could stick to these two rules, we’d see a vast improvement in our health.
Make it your goal to do both most days of the week, and you’re well on your way.
- Try to eat whole foods most of the time, that are as close to their natural state as possible.
- This means a diet of processed junk food it out!
- Your diet should focus mainly on vegetables, fruits, fish, lean meats, legumes, nuts and seeds.
- Cooking at home most of the time will also help. Convenience foods are a no-go area in my book! Make it yourself, for a cheaper, far tastier and healthier meal.
- Also, stop eating so much! Reduce your portions and you’ll feel so much better.
- Try to do some kind of physical activity most days of the week, whether it’s dancing, housework, yard work, hiking, biking, whatever.
- Just make your workout vigorous enough to get your heart rate up, and you’ll be doing something good.
- Oh and enjoy yourself, if you possibly can!
So you see, it really is possible to be fit and healthy without the need for confusion, or silly diet plans.
Please share… what are your simple health tips?
Free: The Truth About Fat
Find it difficult to get and stay slim?
Click below and I'll send you this free presentation where you'll learn the 3 lies you've been told that wreck havoc on your fat loss efforts...